In developing the James Nash SHS Bring Your Own Device (BYOd) program, attention has been given to Recommendation 6 from
Beyond the Classroom: A New Digital Education for Young Australians in the 21st Century (Digital Education Advisory Group, 2013) particularly that:
“Schools should be encouraged to develop school learning and teaching plans to increase their capacity to:
- support students’ learning of 21st century skills
- support leadership of contemporary pedagogies
- build teacher capacity through professional learning
- connect learning beyond the school
- improve student assessment and reporting
- improve the provision, accessibility, and management of teaching and learning resources.”
In conjunction will effective teaching, student use of their own device at school and home supports the development of 21st Century skills:
- Critical thinking
- Creative thinking
- Digital citizenship
- Digital literacy
To participate in the school's BYOd program, students need to:
- Read the BYOd Charter (linked at right)
- Sign and return the agreement form (back page of Charter)
- Complete the BYOd induction course
- Pay the $20 BYOd access fee
To ensure students are given opportunities to use their BYOd to develop 21st Century skills, all JNSHS teaching staff will undertake digital pedagogy professional training or refresher courses this year.
BYOd Info Night
Come along and join our tech experts for the BYOd Info Night!
This info night is aimed at Years 7-9 and will be held on 30 October 2018 at I Block from 4:30 until 6:30pm. Students or parents with any technical questions are welcome to join.