The following information provides a guide for BYOd use at James Nash SHS. Students and parents should be familiar with these guidelines. BYOd use at JNSHS
Digital devices are used to accelerate learning at JNSHS. Use of the device in classes is always at the discretion of the teacher, and their instructions about when to use, or not use the device, should always be followed. Technical support
Technical support associated BYOd onboarding and access to school or department supplied software is available in the Tech Support room, located in the school's Library building. Technical support is not provided for device issues or maintenance.
Students can access technical support by:
• asking their care class teacher to request tech support for them. A technician will visit them in class; tech support might be delayed during high demand times like the start of the school year.
• visiting the tech support room before school, at first break or at second break Online safety
To protect students, the school network includes filtered internet access.
We encourage parents to be vigilant with supervision of student's online activities, and recommend a number of services for online safety advice. Stymie eSafety Madeline and Alanna Foundation Bullying No Way! Device safety recommendations
• store device in a strong protective case
• use the device indoors during breaks to avoid food and drink spills or accidental damage in the playground
• keep the device closed when walking around
• store the device in the laptop lockers located around the school; all lockers are available to any student; all students supply their own lock Device charging
Devices can be charged in the charging lockers in the Library and in K7.
Depending on safety considerations, devices may be charged in some classrooms. The teacher is responsible for classroom safety so will always have the authority to permit or deny device charging based on their classroom safety evaluation.
If you have further questions, consult the FAQ and other BYOd pages on the school's website
If your question is not addressed in this induction or on the school's website, email firstname.lastname@example.org