Vocational Education and Training
Vocational Education and Training (VET) refers to education and training that focuses on delivering skills and knowledge required for specific industries. It is a learning option for young people in the senior phase of learning.
Participating in VET can:
• provide credit points towards the attainment of a Queensland Certificate of Education, and/or the attainment of a nationally recognised VET qualification
• support young people's transitions to employment, vocational and higher education pathways.
Other benefits of participating in VET include (but are not limited to):
• obtaining practical experience from work
• gaining familiarity on how workplaces operate
• developing employability skills
• developing and improving interpersonal skills
• allowing students to explore the potential career path they would like to pursue.
The Senior Subject Selection Handbook (PDF, 1727KB) provides an overview of all VET offerings at James Nash SHS.
The VET student Handbook (PDF, 1031KB) is to provide all VET students with information about the VET programs offered.
Unique Student Identifier information.